Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kids working in the kitchen

Last Saturday my friend and I went to the "Living a Legacy" conference for ladies. I learned so much and had such a great time! Click here and here for more information about the ladies who put that together. They had a lot of practical insight into running our "mission base" (home) and reaching others for Christ.
One session I really loved was focused on teaching your child a good work ethic. This is something that we are constantly trying to develop in our kids. One way is to let them take turns cooking dinner. We also try to have a special dinner one night a week with a little bit more of an "upscale" menu. They plan the menu and do most of the preparation.
Maryland crab cakes

Oven baked "fried pickles"

Lemon cheesecake with yogurt and only 1/4 cup sugar!
We have thoroughly enjoyed this routine and the kids are turning into great cooks!! These are pictures of what Ethan just fixed us (with a bit of help from me :)) last night. It was delish!!!!

If you want these recipes, you can go to my pinterest page and get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment